Science Teacher – Pre-Bachelor Foundation Programme
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond and offering high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research. We are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a Science Teacher on a part-time (30hours/week), fixed-term basis (6 months).
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Minimum Master II in a science specialty,
- Bachelor of Education: secondary,
- Previous working experience (min 2 years),
- Dynamic and organized,
- Excellent oral and listening skills,
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines,
- Flexible, adaptable, ready to learn and improve,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, use of other learning software is considered an asset,
- Languages: English level C1, French, German and Luxembourgish are considered an advantage.
- Prepare science classes to develop skills identified for all levels of the CEFR,
- Create a trusting, positive and creative classroom,
- Teach (deliver/provide instruction) a part-time course load of science classes (up to 12h/week during the busy season)
- Maintain a close relationship with the other science teacher(s) and Pre-Bachelor Foundation Programme (PBFP) staff
- Maintain a summary of work done in class and improve on it annually,
- Prepare, assign and mark or grade homework,
- Develop new resources and materials to use,
- Organize and mark progression and final tests,
- Assess students ́ continuous progress and advice and counsel students outside ofclass and when necessary,
- Coordinate schedules with other PBFP teachers and the Head of department,
- Research and identify new materials for use,
- Create individual learning plans, when necessary,
- Maintain records,
- Keep up to date on current trends and communicate them with the PBFP,
- May be required to teach remotely,
- Help recruitment for PBFP when required,
- Participate in student fairs, conferences or workshops when required,
- Give support to other departments when needed.
We offer a dynamic and stimulating work environment within an international team of experts.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.