Post-Doc / Lecturer in Sport Physiology
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond. We offer high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research.
We are now expanding our team and are opening applications for a full-time, tenured position in the area of Sport and Exercise Physiology with a focus on Training and Testing. The appointment will be at the rank of a Postdoc / Lecturer and the successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate level courses. Furthermore, this position will require the development of and participation in interdisciplinary research activities. This position offers excellent opportunities to take part in the development of a young dynamic university with high ambitions in human health and performance related education as well as research with international and multidisciplinary perspectives.
Candidates should have a PhD in Exercise/Sport Science or a related field relevant to the position.
In rating competent applicants, the following will be emphasised:
- Relevance and scope of teaching expertise and experience (theoretical and practical courses),
- Quality, relevance and scope of scientific work,
- Proven research track record as evidenced by high quality publications in relevant peer reviewed journals,
- Student Evaluation,
- Successful grant and funding applications,
- Other documented qualifications relevant for the position (presentations at scientific events and/or congresses, public communications, etc.),
- High level of spoken and written English language skills (English is the language of tuition at LUNEX University),
- Additional language skills in French, German and/or Luxembourgish is considered to be an advantage,
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to students using a variety of teaching methods, thereby enhancing the student experience,
- Coaching experience and expertise in strength and conditioning would also be advantageous.
The salary is competitive and in line with qualifications and experience.
Please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Application to be sent via email to email@example.com by 17.01.2021, attaching your CV and a cover letter.
With your application, you agree to the storage and processing of your data in accordance with our data protection regulations for applicants.