Placement Office Administrator
Retrouvez l’offre d’emploi en français ici.
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond and offering high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research. We are expanding our team and are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile team member to act as Placement Office Administrator on a full-time, permanent basis.
The selected candidate will provide exceptional service to students enrolled at LUNEX University, enabling them to seek and secure suitable placements which comply with the University, programme and accreditation requirements, assist the Clinical Placement Co-ordinator in all aspects of the placement process and help maintain and develop close links with the clinical partners. Furthermore, he/she will provide support and guidance to students throughout the placement process and support the academic members of staff.
The majority of the decisions expected of this post are taken within well established procedures, practices and routines. The post holder is expected to deal with variations from the accepted pattern, missing documentation or other unusual aspects and, if appropriate, bring them to the attention of the senior members of the team.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Placement Co-ordinator, implement placement and related support for a selection of programmes including Bachelor in Physiotherapy and Master in Physiotherapy.
- Plan and allocate student placements across a selection of programmes including Bachelor in Physiotherapy and Master in Physiotherapy.
- Populate and maintain student and clinical partner records on the placement database, SONIA Clinical Placement management software, to ensure all records are accurate and up to date.
- Undertake placement administration activities including processing timesheets, dealing with correspondence for students leaving or returning to the course, and other related activities.
- Prepare reports on student hours, marks and related information for submission to the Exam Board.
- Deal with day-to-day enquiries from placement providers, staff, students or the public, relaying information appropriately. This may take the form of personal callers to the office, telephone, mail or email enquiries.
- Play an active role in all student placement processes; advising, guiding, motivating, and supporting students in their placement experience, and ensuring all queries are dealt with appropriately and efficiently.
- Prepare and present accurate reports and allocations listings in the most suitable format through the utilisation of the placements database and other methods, for use by University, external colleagues and regulatory bodies.
- Check and track risk management documentation/requirements relating to placement areas and students.
- Always ensure confidentiality and safety of personal data relating to students in accordance with GDPR.
- Maintain effective and efficient electronic/manual filing systems and to keep these up to date on a regular basis.
- Post and update information on SONIA (Clinical Placement management software) and StudyNet (Learning Management System – LMS)
- Work as part of the administrative support team assisting colleagues during busy periods, sickness or holiday leave on any duties required.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job; participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- Educated to “secondary education” level or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience of using and understanding of computer systems and equipment (including Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Extensive administrative experience in an office/education environment.
- Language skills: French and English C1 level or higher.
- Competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and excellent keyboard skills.
- The ability to work accurately and to prescribed deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- The ability to work on own initiative, seeking advice as appropriate.
- Flexibility: the ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to establish personal priorities and objectives. In addition, to be able to respond flexible to changing requirements.
- Excellent customer care skills to deal with inquiries in person and on the telephone.
- An understanding of and commitment to Equality and Diversity policies. We are actively committed to growing and supporting our diverse workforce and welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities and the promotion of this in the day-to-day work of the post.
- An understanding of and respect for the confidentiality required of the post.
- A willingness to undertake appropriate qualifications or skills training.
- Higher Education Qualification
- A recognized qualification in Office 365 applications (e.g. word processing, use of spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of higher education
- Experience in developing & implementing new ideas or processes
- Experience in problem solving
We offer a dynamic and stimulating work environment within an international team of experts. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.