Lecturer in Physical Education and Sports Coaching
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond. We offer high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research.
We are now expanding our team and are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile professional to work in a permanent position with a minimum 0.5 FTE involvement as Lecturer in Physical Education and Sports Coaching within the Department of Exercise and Sport Science (Prof. Dr. Andreas Mierau).
Candidates will hold a relevant degree or further professional or academic qualifications at Master level in a related subject. A PhD will be considered an advantage, although not mandatory for this position.
In rating suitable applicants, the following are considered as essential:
- Demonstrated experience of working in applied physical education context that will enable contribution to teaching and learning activities in sports didactics and pedagogy. Applicants with extensive experience in coaching one or more sports would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to students using a variety of teaching methods, thereby enhancing the student experience.
- High level of organisational skills.
- High level of spoken and written English language skills (English is the language of tuition at LUNEX University).
- Professional fluency in one of the official languages of Luxembourg is desirable.
- deliver Sport and Exercise Science programmes at undergraduate and post graduate level with a focus on sports didactics and pedagogy;
- manage, develop and coordinate practical opportunities for students in school and sport organisations across Luxembourg and the Greater Region;
- coordinate and supervise student internships;
- develop research activities related to physical education and school sports/sports coaching.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to take part in the shaping of a young & dynamic university with high ambitions in human health and performance related education as well as research with an international and multidisciplinary scope.
We offer a dynamic and stimulating work environment within an international team of experts. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The salary is competitive and in line with qualifications and experience.
You can send your application to email@example.com until 30.09.2020.
With your application, you agree to the storage and processing of your data in accordance with our data protection regulations for applicants.