Full Time European Project Research Fellow (M/F) – International Sport Management Department
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond and offering high-quality teaching and learning in higher education and innovative research in sport and health.
We are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a capable, enthusiastic and motivated researcher on a full-time basis with an interest in social innovation at the Department of International Sport Management on a full-time basis.
Roles and responsibilities
Social innovation in sport is one of the focus points of the International Sport Management Department at LUNEX. Last year, LUNEX was successful in obtaining funds for the Erasmus Sport+ project Inclusion through Physical Activity and Health (IncluPAS). The IncluPAS-project is a social innovation project aiming at developing, implementing and testing a digital application to create social inclusion through sport and Physical Activity (PA)-initiatives in disadvantaged communities for 14 to 18-year-old adolescents. The IncluPAS-project will be implemented and evaluated in three cities Ghent (Belgium), Vilnius (Lithuania) and Thessaloniki (Greece).
This full-time position offers experience working in an international environment in sport management and research. The successful candidate will gain an invaluable insight into the operations of social innovation in an international European setting.
Sixty percent of the time the candidate will collaborate as a researcher in this project with the following tasks:
- Perform a systematic literature review success factors and pitfalls in social innovation projects that use sport and PA to create social inclusion
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data related to the IncluPAS project
- Write scientific papers
- Present at international Sport Management congresses
- Attend international meetings in Ghent (Belgium), Vilnius (Lithuania) and Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Support fellow researchers in Belgium, Lithuania and Greece in the implementation of the IncluPAS-project
- Write practical reports with the main findings
- Develop an online workshop using social innovation in sport and PA as a mean to create inclusion
During the other 40% the candidate will expand his knowledge and experience in:
- Supporting and leading other research and management projects in the International Sport Management Department
- Supporting and delivering creative content to further develop online modules in International Sport Management at LUNEX
Master degree in Sport Management, Social Sciences, Movement and Sport Sciences or related.
Task specific competences:
- Excellent research competences and analysis skills.
- Excellent English language skills (written + spoken)
- A keen desire to create sport participation and social inclusion for youngsters living in disadvantaged communities
- Competent time management skills and organisational skills
- Great Presentation skills
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent team working skills
- A positive, collaborative attitude
- A creative and innovative mindset
- The ability to work in an independent, resourceful and self-confident manner
- Flexibility to adapt to a variable working scheme
Experience in research in social innovation and applying for research grants are an advantage.
- Duration: 24 months (starting date: 18.04.2021 – 1.05.2021 – dependent on the availability of the candidate). Extension is possible.
- 40 hours per week (flexible working hours)
- Gross salary: 31000 EUR – 45000 EUR, dependent upon the skills and qualifications of the individual. We welcome both candidates aiming for a PhD as ones that already have a PhD.
Candidates are invited to submit their application containing a cover letter, (academic) CV and copy of diplomas and qualifications to email@example.com, before the deadline of 16 April, 8pm (ECT+1h).
After a pre-selection based on the applications, candidates will be invited for an online interview or an interview at the facilities of LUNEX University (dependent on the applicant’s preference)
For general info feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. For info related to the project feel free to contact Dr. Mathieu Marlier: email@example.com
With your application, you agree to the storage and processing of your data in accordance with our data protection regulations for applicants.