Administrative Employee – Department Health
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond and offering high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research.
We are looking to recruit an Administrative Employee – Department Health on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have an active role to our Clinical Placement at LUNEX University. A main focus will be to provide exceptional service to students enrolled at LUNEX University, enabling them to seek and secure suitable placements which comply with University, programme and accreditation requirements:
- assist the Clinical Placement Co-ordinator in all aspects of the placement process and help maintain and develop close links with the clinical partners.
- provide support and guidance to students throughout the placement process and to support academic members of staff.
- implement placement and related support for a selection of accredited academic programmes including but not limited to the programmes in Physiotherapy and Nutrition Fitness and Health in conjunction with the Clinical Placement Co-ordinator.
- plan and allocate student placements across a selection of programmes.
- populate and maintain student and clinical partner records on the placement database, SONIA Clinical Placement management software, to ensure all records are accurate and up to date.
- undertake placement administration activities including processing timesheets, dealing with correspondence for students leaving or returning to the course, and other related activities.
- prepare reports on student hours, marks and related information for submission to the Exam Board.
- deal with day-to-day enquiries from placement providers, staff, students or the public, relaying information appropriately (this may take the form of personal callers to the office, telephone, mail or email enquiries).
- play an active role in all student placement processes; advising, guiding, motivating, and supporting students in their placement experience, and ensuring all queries are dealt with appropriately and efficiently.
- prepare and present accurate reports and allocations listings in the most suitable format through the utilisation of the placements database and other methods, for use by LUNEX, external colleagues and regulatory bodies.
- checking and tracking risk management documentation/requirements relating to placement areas and students.
- always ensure confidentiality and safety of personal data relating to students in accordance with GDPR.
- maintain effective and efficient electronic/manual filing systems and to keep these up to date on a regular basis.
- posting and updating information on SONIA (Clinical Placement management software) and CANVAS (Learning Management System – LMS)
- work as part of the administrative support team assisting colleagues during busy periods, sickness or holiday leave on any duties required.
- maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job; participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
In rating competent applicants, the following criteria will be emphasised:
- Secondary education level or equivalent qualification (higher education is considered an advantage).
- A recognised qualification in Office 365 applications (e.g. word processing, use of spreadsheets)
- Extensive experience of using and understanding of computer systems and equipment.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing applications
- Extensive administrative experience in an office/education environment
- Experience of developing & implementing new ideas or processes
- Experience of problem solving
- Ability to work accurately and to prescribed deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative, seeking advice as appropriate.
- Flexibility: the ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to establish personal priorities and objectives. In addition, to be able to respond flexible to changing requirements.
- Excellent customer care skills to deal with enquiries in person and on the telephone.
- An understanding of and respect for the confidentiality required of the post.
- A willingness to undertake appropriate further qualifications or skills training.
A dynamic and stimulating work environment within an international team of experts. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The salary is competitive and in line with qualifications and experience. With your application, you agree to the storage and processing of your data in accordance with our data protection regulations for applicants.
You can apply here until 02.04.2024.
After a pre-selection based on the applications, candidates can be invited for an interview in Differdange (Luxembourg).