Lecturer in Physical Education and Sports Coaching
LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports is a young and ambitious private university in Luxembourg attracting students from Europe and beyond and offering high-quality and innovative teaching and learning in higher education and research.
We are expanding our team and are looking to recruit a Lecturer in Physical Education and Sports Coaching on a part-time, fixed-term basis.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- relevant degree or further professional or academic qualifications at Master level in a related subject. A PhD will be considered an advantage,
- experience of working in an applied physical education context that will enable contribution to teaching and learning activities in sports didactics and pedagogy,
- experience in coaching one or more sports. Connections with Luxembourgish sport federations would be considered advantageous,
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills,
- excellent team working skills,
- ability to engage with students,
- commitment to continued professional development,
- very good English language skills (as English is the language of tuition at LUNEX University),
- mastery of MS Office applications.
- deliver Sport and Exercise Science programmes at undergraduate and post graduate level with a focus on sports didactics, pedagogy and coaching,
- manage, develop and coordinate coaching opportunities for students in collaboration with the sports federations and other relevant organisations,
- provide support for existing staff to ensure quality teaching provision within the department,
- supervise undergraduate student bachelor thesis projects,
- develop research activities related to physical education and school sports/sports coaching.
We offer a dynamic and stimulating work environment within an international team of experts. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The salary is competitive and in line with qualifications and experience.
You can apply here until 01.07.2023.
With your application, you agree to the storage and processing of your data in accordance with our data protection regulations for applicants.