ISM Department coordinator of a significant European Project: the Sport Good Governance Game (SG3)
For the first time in its young history LUNEX University will be the main coordinator of a significant European Project. The project is called the Sport Good Governance Game (SG3) and Dr. Mathieu Marlier, Senior Lecturer in the International Sport Management Department will be leading the SG3 Project.
The Sport Good Governance Game is a realistic and interactive computer simulation where participants need to make choices to tackle sport specific (doping, match-fixing, unsporting behaviour, …) and non-sport specific threats (gender equity, interpersonal violence, mediatisation, …). The aim of the project is to help sport organisations and sport managers in their battle against these threats by using good governance and ethical leadership principles.
The project will affect 300 students sport managers and 300 sport managers in eight countries during the project’s lifetime and a multiplication of these numbers afterwards. The expected impact of the SG3 project is to stimulate sport managers to implement good governance principles in their sport organisations and to make them more equipped to deal with the threats of doping, matchfixing, gender inequity, fraud, transgressive behaviour, and other practices that go against good governance principles.
This project will count 10 partners from 8 countries:
- Luxembourg: LUNEX International University of Health, Exercise and Sports S.A. (Lead Partner)
- Ghent University (UGent)
- International Centre Ethics in Sport (ICES)
- HOWEST, University College West Flanders
- Germany: German Sport University Cologne (GSU)
- Netherlands: NOC*NSF
- France: Université de Rouen Normandie
- UK: Brunel University London
- Norway: Molde University College – Specialized University in Logistics (MUC)
- Cyprus: University of Central Lancashire Cyprus (UCLAN Cyprus – Associated partner)
Featured Image: Dr. Mathieu Marlier, Senior Lecturer in the Department of International Sport Management © LUNEX University / Marques Sergio Dias